This cover continues the outstanding series of Great War remembrance issues from Royal Mail.
Country: United Kingdom
Date of Issue: 31st July 2017 (first day cover)
Top row, from left to right:
- Shattered Poppy, by photographer John Ross.
- Dead Man’s Dump, by poet and artist Isaac Rosenberg.
- Elsie Knocker and Mairi Chisholm, recipients of the Military Medal for their service as nurses during the war.
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Dry Docked For Scaling And Painting, by artist Edward Wadsworth.
- Tyne Cot Cemetery, Belgium.
- Private Lemuel Thomas Rees’s life-saving bible.
The insert to the cover provides more information about the people and subjects of these stamps. Click the image below for easier reading.