This cover from Royal Mail continues the annual commemoration of 100 years since The Great War, 1914-1918.
Country: United Kingdom
Date of Issue: 21st June 2016 (first day cover)
Top row, left to right:
- Battlefield Poppy, by photographer Giles Revell.
- To My Brother, a poem by writer Vera Brittain.
- Munitions Worker Lottie Meade.
Bottom row, left to right:
- Travoys Arriving with Wounded at a Dressing-Station at Smol, Macedonia, September 1916, by artist Stanley Spencer.
- Thiepval Memorial, Somme, France.
- Captain AC Green’s Battle of Jutland Commemorative Medal.
The insert to the cover provides more information about the subjects of these stamps. Click the image below for easier reading.
Additional Link: The Great War on History.com.
The Post Office at War
The insert also provides information about the role of the Post Office during the war.