This cover features Royal Mail’s new series of Post & Go ATMs: Working Sail, a collection of beautiful sailing ships by folk artists around the United Kingdom.
Country: United Kingdom
Date of Cover: 18th February 2015 (first day cover)
Top row, left to right
- Falcon, a pilot boat, by J W Green, 1897
- Briar, a herring drifter, by Alexander Harwood, 1907
- Harry, a Humber sloop, by Rueben Chappell, date not known (the Humber is an estuary in northeast England)
Bottom row, left to right
- Margaret, a Fifie, by Henry Lawson, 1890
- Stag, a Grimsby smack, attributed to George Race, date not known (Grimsby is a fishing town on the Humber)
- Nell Morgan, a smack, by G Ramsey, 1886
The insert provides details about the artists. Click the image below for easier reading.