Here is a beautiful FDC from Chunghwa Post in Taiwan featuring Ancient Chinese Paintings from the National Palace Museum. The theme running through these paintings is Children at Play, echoing another Taiwanese FDC issued earlier this year.
Country: Taiwan (Republic of China)
Date of Issue: 30th April 2014
Date of Cover: 30th April 2014
Transit: 44 days over 1476 miles / 2375 km = 1.4 mph / 2.3 kph. This cover has taken longer than usual to arrive from Taiwan. There is an incoming postmark on the back of the cover dated 7th May, so it seems this cover has been sitting in a mail centre just up the road for about a month before it was delivered. It might have been delayed because of Thailand’s latest coup, although the coup was not launched until 22nd May.
From left to right
- Children at Play Bathing a Buddha, by Su Hanchen, Song dynasty
- Children Playing in an Autumn Garden, by Su Hanchen, Song dynasty
- Children Playing in Summer, anonymous, Yuan dynasty
- Children Playing in Autumn, anonymous, Yuan dynasty
- Children Playing in Winter, anonymous, Yuan dynasty
All of these paintings are described as hanging scrolls.
Thanks to Douglas for this cover.